The Arjuna tree contains a lot of Co-enzyme Q-10 which is a substance that inhibits the occurrence of heart attacks. For people with Coronary heart diseases, the powdered extract and the bark of Terminalia arjuna may be taken since it has cardioprotective properties, it makes the cardiac muscles stronger, it enhances the pumping action of the heart, and it aids the other functions of the cardiovascular system. Furthermore, it provides good prognosis for people with liver cirrhosis and it gives people relief from nervousness and other forms of stress.
Terminalia is highly beneficial in providing cure to hypercholesterolemia, coronary artery diseases, and heart failure. It also prevents gastric ulcers especially for people who are using NSAIDs.
Ever since 2 500 B.C, Terminalia arjuna is highly utilized by doctors practicing Ayurvedic medicine because of its cardioprotective properties. This powerful herbal plant provides treatment to diseases of the heart like hypertension, fat deposits in the arterial walls, and angina. Moreover, it relieves all types of pain that are caused by spermatorrhoea, ecchymosis, and sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea.
Arjuna contais the following substances: Tannins, Arjunine, Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), arjunic acid, Arjunone, Arjunetosides I, Ellagic acid, Leteilin, Arjunetosides II, Phytosterols, Arjunetein, arjunolic acid, Arjunetosides III, arjunglycosides, Saponnins, Phytosterols (b-sitosterol), Arjunetosides IV, Arjunolone, Gallic acid, arjungenin, and minerals including copper, magnesium zinc and calcium.
Arjuna is a great treatment in dealing with high levels of stress, Hypercholesterolemia, Urinary tract problems, Hyperlipidemia, increased blood pressure, liver problems, Hypolipedimia and cardiac dysfunctions.
Arjuna is a greatly known medicinal supplement because of its high efficiency in treating diseases like dysentery and diarrhea. It also keeps the digestive system in its suitable state and it is considered as one of the intensely recognized coagulant of blood. Arjuna helps in the maintenance of the digestive system. Because of such, this plant became popular for its healing powers.
Arjuna inhibits the building up of mucus by forcing it out from the respiratory system. It is also beneficial in recovering from bleeding problems and diseases of the liver like cirrhosis. Furthermore, this plant normalizes the peristalsis of the digestive tract and it does not permit dehydration that may result to loose stools.
In addition, Arjuna is very beneficial to the body because of the following reasons:
- Increases density of blood
- Increases functional capacity of the lungs
- Treats skin problems such as itching, psoriasis, scars, eczema, and rashes
- Regulates correct beating of the heart
- Strengthens the reflexes and the nervous system as a whole
- Enhances the stamina of the body
- Increases sperm count
- Aids in making the heart muscles healthy
- Keeps the correct stimulation of the endocrine system by regulating the hormones
- Best protector of the heart
- Fights infection in the lungs
- Regulates frequency of urination
- Aids in the correct relaxation and contraction of the heart
- Takes away any bodily infection
- Contains coenzyme Q 10 which inhibits the occurrence of heart attacks
- Aids in the correct fertilization of the ovum by thickening the sperm and serum
Arjuna has no known adverse effects.
Arjuna should be taken only with the advice of a physician and precautionary measures should be taken especially for pregnant women and children under 12 years old.